Thursday, February 3, 2011

Introduction

Hi readers (if there are any out there...):

Well I started this blog in an attempt to chronicle my foray into the realm of distance running, which started in earnest approximately 2 years ago now.  However, recent injuries have compelled me to start to examine alternative running form and minimalism and I have been doing a TON of research lately into different philosophies and evidence-based research on these topics.

I thought it would be useful to document the changes I have gone through, how this affects me physically and share ideas and references that I encounter along the way.

Expect to see a slew of posts in the coming weeks/days trying to catch up on the past several months of "events" in my running career.

To get us started, here are a few links that I have been checking lately and found particularly useful:
1. Runblogger - Pete Larson's blog about running, which focuses on minimalism and running anatomy.
2. The Science of Running - Steve Magness on running biomechanics.
3. Newton Running - tons of advice from Danny Abshire, founder of Newton Running shoe company and author of "Natural Running"

No comments:

Post a Comment